Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Week 5 weigh-in

Holy mother of God and all her whacky nephews! 2.6kg down this week :D Feeling pretty good today I have to admit, looks like I'll be getting that haircut somewhat sooner than I first expected.

I have been looked after by my darling hubby this week in a fashion far above and beyond the call of duty. I'm finding that I've been putting all my emotional and physical effort into the WW thing and as a result only the very minimum of other "stuff" is getting done. By Friday last week the house was a disaster, nearly every item of clothing we owned was in a pile on the rumpus room floor (at least it was all clean), there was no carpet visible in any of the kids' rooms and the kitchen was chaotic. Over the weekend Adam spent something like 10 hours just doing housework while I did things like sleep in for several hours on Saturday and take my daughter shopping for new dance clothes, I even sat and read a book for a while as he slaved away (I did do SOME housework too). Oh boy, do I owe him big time ;-) The good thing is that what I am doing now addresses the root cause of my lack of energy and as I get fitter and healthier I'll be able to do more and not collapse in a heap after having achieved hardly anything at all.

4 comments:

Em said...

What an awsome loss Mim ..Congratulations, you are doing so well. What a great hubby you have there :). Have a great new week :)

Unknown said...

Hey!

I found your blog on the WW site. Congrats on your weightloss so far.

I'm a Joss Whedon fan too! Not that I'm at the Browncoat stage, but I do own Firefly and Serenity. Both of which are underappreciated.

I'm saving up for the full season box sets of Buffy & Angel... might be a goal reward when I get to the 80's...

All the best,

Em :)

ZuckerBaby said...

Congratulations, Mim! Awesome loss for the week! And yay for Adam - we like supportive partners, they rock!

Tracey Anne said...

Woohoo Mim, that's one heck of a loss this week - congratulations!!
It's so exciting to hear that your hubby is supporting you so wonderfully. I'm sure he'll reap the benefits once you're fit and healthy and gorgeous!
I love your mini goals and rewards. I don't think very far ahead in terms of goals so maybe it would be a good idea to try something like that...
Keep up the awesome work, have a fabulous week! :D