Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pretty rocks and NaBloPoMo prize

*****UPDATE*****

The school Christmas markets are done and as promised here are the options for one lucky NaBloPoMo prize winner to choose from.

A) Moukaite jasper necklace with gold plated beads, bead caps and toggle clasp. Length 49.5cm. With matching earrings.
Moukaite jasper necklaceMoukaite jasper earrings
Click on the photos for bigger images.

B) Snowflake obsidian and riverstone necklace with silver plated bead caps and sterling silver toggle clasp. Length ~49cm. With matching earrings.
Snowflake obsidian and riverstone necklaceSnowflake obsidian and riverstone earrings
Click on the photos for bigger images.

C) Sodalite and riverstone necklace with pewter beads and sterling silver toggle clasp. Length 52 cm. With matching earrings.
Sodalite and riverstone necklaceSodalite and riverstone earrings
Click on the photos for bigger images.

*****************
On Saturday I promised there'd be pretty rocks pictures the next day, but stuff happened and I got a bit distracted. Anyway, here's my latest batch of shiny things.

Whatever I have left-over after the school Christmas markets in a couple of weeks (Sunday Nov 22nd, come along if you're in the area!) I will be putting up for sale, either through Esty or just on my blog and I'll also be offering a few pieces for one of the NaBloPoMo winners to pick a prize from. I promised a necklace and earring set so I suppose I'd better start making matching earrings for some of these! I'll update this post with my prize offerings after the markets.

Swarovski crystal and sterling silver Christmas tree earrings.

Christmas tree earrings

Botswana agate and sterling silver necklace.
Length 45cm
Botswana agate necklace

Rhodonite, snowflake obsidian and sterling silver necklace.
Length 45cm with 7cm extension chain and 4cm pendant
Rhodonite and snowflake obsidian necklace

Indian bloodstone necklace with gold plated beads and clasp.
Length 49cm
Indian bloodstone necklace

Indian bloodstone, Swarovski crystal and sterling silver necklace.
Length 49cm
Indian bloodstone and swarovski crytal necklace

Sodalite and riverstone necklace with silver plated bead caps and clasp.
Length 45cm
Sodalite and riverstone necklace

Aventurine and tiger jasper bracelet with pewter beads and clasp.
Length 20cm
Aventurine and tiger jasper bracelet

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All lovely Mim. I'm wondering how long each piece takes you to make?

mimbles said...

The actual making is pretty quick but I tend to spend a lot of time mucking around with beads trying to come up with combinations that look good or rummaging through my supplies trying to find that thing that I know is in there somewhere. It probably averages out to almost an hour per necklace, half that for a bracelet and anything from 5 to 20 minutes for earrings (wire-wrapping stuff takes longer).

I could cut down that time a lot if I had my stuff properly organised and a spot where I could keep it set out in a useable way. I need a craft room :P

Nap Mom said...

The earrings are green on the web site. You made them white. I like the white much better. How would they look with a yellow gem at the top... like a star? Very good idea. I love it!

Penny said...

I need a craft room too :)
These look beautiful Mim - if I wore jewelery I'd be lining up to buy ;) Particularly like the blue and white one.

Malyn said...

I've got a craft room ...finally...and manage to swap from scrapbooking to cardmaking to beading with relative ease. The best part is not having to tidy up when inspiration leaves. All I have to do is shut the door and my project/s is/are ready to be resumed when inspiration comes again.

Nice work. I've never done wire wrapping. I make only for me...not so much out of selfishness but just thinking that no one will ever be interested in my 'wares'. Good on you for doing what you do - making and selling and sharing.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I adore those Christmas trees!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mim! I'm the winner of the NaBloPoMo prize and am super excited about it! I'm going to post my necklace choice on my website. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome gift!