Sunday, November 01, 2009

Lists

Things I have done but probably shouldn't have:
  • Signed up for NaBloPoMo. What was I thinking? Seriously, my posts per month haven't broken into double figures since February.
  • Offered to donate a prize for NaBloPoMo. I clearly have no self control.
  • Committed to sharing a stall selling jewellery at the school Christmas markets on November 22nd - I have no stock! And no time to make any!
  • Stayed up till 2am last night - I was falling asleep on the lounge from about 10pm, so stupid.
Things I should have done but haven't:
  • Send in the booking form for tickets to Caitlin's dance concert on time - hopefully I can still get the number of seats we need even if they're crappy ones.
  • Sent people I met at re-enactment events the emails with info I promised them and now I can't even remember what I promised to whom.
  • Ordered new school uniforms for Caitlin, she's resorted to unpicking the hems on her dresses herself so they aren't quite so indecently short. Thing is, aside from the length, they still fit her perfectly well.
  • Wash the dog, like, for months. She's surprisingly unsmelly though.
Things I still have to do:
  • Update the talk I have to give about the P&C at kindergarten orientation on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
  • Ring my 98 year old Grandma to say thank you for the birthday gift she sent me, I did send a message via my mum but that's really not good enough.
  • Coach Tom so that when he sings solo at the school talent quest he doesn't completely butcher "I Will Survive" - I did try to persuade him to choose a different song...
  • Find my car keys. I had them when I came home on Friday.
What I'm going to do now:
  • Give my kids "hugs and kisses in bed" - they all ask for that every night, even the 12 year old boy.
  • Make a pot of tea.
  • Watch The West Wing on dvd.
  • Go to bed before midnight.

8 comments:

Louise said...

I also signed up for NaBloPoMo! I am going to look for your pager over there.

Good luck with all those things you have to get done :)

Mel said...

Note to Mim: Speaking from experience- Put "Ring Grandma..." on the top of your list.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I did NaBlo last year... and even though I do blog daily... I just didn't want the pressure this year! But I am looking forward to reading more Mim this month!

Ariane said...

It'll all come together. You'll get your blogging mojo back, and it will spread right throughout your life and all that jewellery will all but make itself, those emails will fly out, the phone call will happen, the uniforms will get ordered and... it might rain on the dog. :)

ozFinn said...

Let me guess, West Wing is responsible for a good number of those things that should have been done not being done?? It's evil like that... Or at least it was for me!

mimbles said...

@Mel - Grandma's phone call done!

@Liz - I'll try to make it Mim worth reading ;-)

@Ariane - You do know Clara is frightened of rain yes?

@ozFinn - It's possible you're right about that...

Ariane said...

Lol - no, I didn't know Clara is frightened of the rain... Oh well, I'm sure baths for dogs are just for our benefit anyway.

Oh, which reminds me, Bailey needs his drugs....

simmy said...

I was stressing about jewelry yesterday too. Mum was very wise. She pointed out that we really are just doing this for fun, and hey, you sold those earings so that covers the fee (that we haven't paid yet) and everything else is just a bonus! AND - it means a day without whining kids right!!!! Oh, btw, i bought 3m of fake forest green velvet, they had run out of black.