Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Fresh Start

Winter is long gone, warmer weather has hit with a vengeance, the new plants in the garden nearly expired over the weekend with the 30 degree heat :P Time to get things moving again.

I've decided to switch from Points to No Count, I'm fed up with counting and calculating all the time and I think the No Count rule of fruit and veg only for snacks will work really well for me. Also I've been thinking a lot about the kids' eating habits and how best to fix some of their bad habits and I reckon the whole family will benefit from me shopping and cooking no count.

I don't weigh-in next week as we'll be away on holidays so it will be interesting to see how I go after 2 weeks.

Yesterday I walked the kids to school for the first time ever, takes just over half an hour to get there and then 20 minutes for me to walk back home on my own. Tom complained of sore legs this morning as we set off walking again but he managed just fine, it would be quite a nice start to the day if we didn't have to walk along Pennant Hills Rd. My plan is to walk with the kids 3-4 times a week, might have to do some walking to parks or shops in the holidays.

I suppose I'd better stop pretending I don't have parental responsibilities and get the aforementioned kids into bed!

1 comment:

Em said...

Hi
I hear what you are saying about the weather made you wonder if we were going to skip spring and go right to summer hey. Good luck with the no point plan and have a wonderful holiday...catch u when you get back.