Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pear and blue cheese salad

Last night my dinner was this salad on its own. Except I didn't have any baby spinach to go with it. Tonight Adam wanted to bbq some steak so I when I went to the shops to acquire said steak I grabbed some spinach, pears and cheese and made it again. Because it is yummy.  (I had steak and corn on the cob and jacket baked potato with sour cream too.)

Pear and blue cheese salad

Pear and blue cheese salad

2 big handfuls of baby spinach
1 or 2 crisp pears cut into bite sized pieces
crumbled blue cheese (last night I used King Island Lighthouse Blue Brie, tonight it was King Island Roaring Forties)
a couple of handfuls of whatever nuts you have around - we had macadamias, almonds and cashews
drizzle with caramelised balsamic vinegar (or ordinary balsamic vinegar)

EAT!

7 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

OMG! Looks delish! I must make immediately!

Joanne Olivieri said...

That looks luscious...

cat said...

Ok, now I want some.

Claudya Martinez said...

That salad sounds delicious. I love spinach with sweet fruit and blue cheese.

Thank you so much for being such a supportive bloggy buddy.

Candy said...

This looks delicious. I'm hungry!

Leslie said...

this looks great!!! now i am hungry again. : )
have a great thursday.

tigtog said...

Just made this with Roquefort as the blue cheese, which is possibly too creamy for best results (although when combined with warm caramelised walnuts, spreads around the rest of the salad very nicely indeed). Roquefort is teh blissbomb, so obviously it was lush.

On Thursday will make again with Stilton (much more crumbly) and report on comparative lushness.