Saturday, June 14, 2008

Okaaaay....




You're Prufrock and Other Observations!

by T.S. Eliot

Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic
and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying
to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really
heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Coffee spoons? Coffee spoons?! But I answered "yes" to the tea question!

Damn it, now I'm going to have to find it and read it. I'm pretty sure the only T.S. Elliot I've read till now is Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats. Which is why the cats in my life have been named as follows: Jonathon Aragorn, James Fëanor, Samantha Tinúviel and Jack Sparrow. Come on, you have to admit the name Sparrow could "never belong to more than one cat".

Ergh. I think I'm a little too sleepy for J. Alfred tonight. But at least the coffee spoons thing makes sense now :P

3 comments:

Megan said...

one of my favourite poems

Tangled up in Blue said...

You're Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut
Nobody knows what to believe about you, and you know least of all. You
spent most of your time convinced that the ends justify the means, but your means were,
well, downright mean! And the end is nigh. Meanwhile all you want is to travel back in
time, if not to change, then to just delight in the way it used to be. You are who you
pretend to be. Oh yes, you're the great pretender.

Tangled up in Blue said...

I kind of like the traveling back in time bit. I have not heard of the book though