Sunday, June 29, 2008

Replica bead making

One of my justifications for the acquisition of my own glass bead making gear is that I will be able to make replica Anglo-Saxon/Viking beads to go with our, and other group members', Huscarls costumes. This weekend I finally got around to making a couple of sets of replica-ish beads. The purple ones are for Caitlin and I do wonder if the encased flowers are historically accurate but the green and brown ones are, I think, pretty close to being HA.

Lampwork bead sets

I'm still short a few tools that I want for shaping beads so I had to improvise a bit which meant the bigger beads didn't come out as neatly as I'd have liked but that's ok, I'm sure the dark ages bead makers weren't all equipped with graphite paddles and tungsten pokers either!

No comments: