Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Winterfest

This weekend we will be getting dressed up as vikings and hanging out at Winterfest with the Huscarls. I'm looking forward to having a play with my longbow and watching the very gorgeous falconry displays. Jousting, fighting displays and a working trebuchet also promise to be lots of fun. So, if you're in Sydney and at a loose end this weekend come along, it'll be awesome, I promise!



Winterfest 2008


5th and 6th July, 2008
Marsfield Park
Culloden Road, North Ryde
(opp. Golf Range adjoined to Macquarie University)
10.00am- 5.00pm Saturday & Sunday

The draft timetable (which will in all probability have changed by the weekend) gives you an idea of what's on offer:

Official Opening 10.30am

Skill-at-arms (Equestrian)11.00-11.30am

Fight & Club Displays 11.30-12.45 (allowing for 4 slots of 15-20 mins)

Full Flight 13.00-13.30 (allowance to go over time)

13.30-14.30 Kids Activities/ Costume Call Display

14.30-15.30 Fight & Club Displays (allowing for 3 slots of 15-20 mins)

15.30-16.00 Winterfest Joust

Entry
Adults: ................$15
Child/Conc:........$10
Family: ...............$35
(Under 5’s free)

5 comments:

aussiehen said...

I'm really hoping we're going to this, just have to convince DH. I hoped the working trebuchet might motivate him but he's proving difficult.

Shrinking Tardie said...

I want a peregrine falcon!!! If there's a spare one floating around Mim will you pick it up for me pahllleeeese??? God I love those birds.

I would LOVE to see a working trebuchet - that is uber cool.

Oh, and your beads look very authentic!

Hope you guys have fun.

N

yodaobi said...

We'd totally be up for that if we were in Oz.

Enjoy

Ariane said...

How was it? I would have liked to have gone, it looks like fun, but it so wasn't going to happen.

mimbles said...

It was awesome! Lots of fun :) Post with pics will be coming up soon once I've recovered enough to be coherent :P