Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Folding and fur

Last week's mountain was never fully scaled, we did a lot of rummaging through the pile looking for the other half of a pair of socks through the week, and by the time it came to today I was faced with something closely resembling a Mt Everest of clean laundry - especially after I changed, washed and dried 3 sets of sheets yesterday. Here's what it looked like after I spent half the afternoon sorting and folding it all. I'm feeling very self-righteous tonight.

And it's even all been put away properly too!

The mountain tamed

What about the fur? Well. It happened like this, I was standing at the stove giving the pot of spaghetti a stir and unbeknownst to me there was a cat sitting about 2 inches behind my heels. I stepped back, he yowled and took off and when I looked down I found this on the floor.

Oops.

Oops.

I presume it was from his tail, that's what it felt like I'd stepped on. Not that you can tell, there's plenty more where that came from.

He's not talking to me.

There's plenty more where that came from

6 comments:

Penny said...

glad I'm no the only one with mt washmore.

LOL about the fur ;)

Unknown said...

i wouldnt be talking to you either !!!

FranticMommy said...

Poor kitty. He will probably need to get a kitty hair transplant now! Our oldest son is always 2 inches from our heels too. I haven't pulled any hair outta him yet, but it could happen!

Ariane said...

If he wishes to have opinions about his tail being stepped upon, he should fold washing for an afternoon, and then get back to you.

I knock Elissa over on a regular basis in much the same scenario. The nappy clad bum tends to avert catastrophe though.

Ariane said...

10:49pm? I should be in bed. This 6:30am thing sucks.

Marjorie said...

I was enjoying the solidarity and sisterhood of us both having truly awe-inspiring mountains of laundry heaped on beds and then you had to go and do this.

Congratulations, grudgingly.