Thursday, July 16, 2009

Holiday snippets

We've just got back from a trip up to Brisbane for Abbey Medieval Festival and then back via Armidale where we stayed for a few days at Cruickshanks Cottage.

While we were away the following things happened:
  • Adam took up spinning.
  • Tom finally got his own back-strap weaving kit (he's been waiting a whole year).
  • I finished reading The Handmaid's Tale and was somewhat underwhelmed.
  • I re-read Native Tongue 3 just in case it wasn't as bad as I remembered. It was, if not worse.
  • We acquired a pleasing collection of stuff to add to our re-enactment gear.
  • Tom got bitten by a horse.
  • Tom engaged me in a discussion of the ethics of the fur-trade right in the middle of a fur-trader's market stall, I did not try to avoid or put off the conversation.
  • All 3 kids had the lurgi.
  • We watched sheep shearing, fed the chooks, annoyed some cows, were stared at by alpacas, spotted a furtive fox, and made good use of our viking hats to avoid frozen ears. Mid-winter in Armidale is cold.
Photos and elaborations will probably follow at some point.

3 comments:

yodaobi said...

HOLDING breath for photos!!!
Sounds like a fun and not so fun time.
Pity you didn't have something AWESOME to read. Hey looks like I spy pix on your flicker...
Exhales

yodaobi said...

Glee
=0)

Looks like fun too!

Penny said...

Looking forward tos eeing the photos with elaboration!
Armidale is where my Dad went to uni and my gparents lived for years and years.