Hosted by Mrs4444.
It's been a long week, the short version goes like this:
- I shared my liquorice with the internet.
- I found somewhere for our holiday with friends next month.
- The weather got really rather cold.
- We bought mobile phones for David and Caitlin.
- We celebrated my Mum's and her twin sister's 65th birthday at my Aunty's place with all the cousins and their offspring (except the cousin who is in the US).
- I booked myself in for singing lessons with Caitlin's teacher.
- I watched Up with the kids and season 2 of True Blood without them.
- We discussed the issue of ethics classes in SRE time at the P&C meeting (and I refrained from snark at a comment left on the blog).
- I collected signatures for the petition in support of the St James Ethics Centre ethics classes trial and posted 50 of them off to be tabled in parliament next week.
- I had Dad over for his birthday dinner on Wednesday night - also 65!
- Caitlin had two singing auditions, she got the one we didn't really want (a place in the Australian Youth Choir) and missed the one she desperately wanted by a whisker (a solo part in the ArtsNorth Primary Choral Concert at the Opera House).
- I got very stressed about some P&C stuff (not Ethics trial related) and decided I had to un-involve myself.
- One of Tom's fish died.
- And I kind of went to pieces.
- But a combination of The Angels, an awesomely indulgent lunch, and some blatant frittering away of the afternoon have restored my equilibrium.
- I am now drinking Baileys and about to watch Sherlock Holmes.
It's a good thing I have Twitter and Facebook to record my life for me, I'd have been hard pressed to dredge all that up just from memory.
The 25th Down Under Feminists Carnival was hosted this month by Rachel at Musings of an Inappropriate Woman.