Friday, July 23, 2010

Feel Good Friday


Feel Good Friday is a weekly meme hosted by The Girl Next Door Grows Up (click the button above to go visit her). This week Liz at Eternal Lizdom has stepped up to the mark to host while The Girl has a break. I've seen Liz and others post to the meme over past weeks, it's a nice warm fuzzy idea and I could do with some warm fuzziness, so I'm joining in.

I'm going with the list prompt - 5 things that made you really happy this week.

1. Our Yulefest holiday

At the end of last week we went to Moss Vale for 4 nights and stayed in a big house with a pool table, tennis court, slightly inadequate heating and an open fire place that insisted on filling the house with smoke before settling down to be pretty and toast marshmallows. It was awesome! We were there with fabulous friends Ariane & Crash and Toni & Andrew, there were 8 kids between us, and I'm pretty sure I can safely say everyone had a great time. On Saturday evening there was roast turkey with stuffing, ham, baked veggies, Christmas pud with custard, fruit mince pies, white Christmas slice, a gingerbread house, vast quantities of booze and totally inadequate sleep.

I baked a gingerbread house and some extra 2D house-shaped slabs for the kids to decorate thinking it would keep them occupied for a while. Not so much. Don't get me wrong, it all got decorated, it just didn't take very long AT ALL!

Fastest gingerbread house decorators in the land
Decorating the gingerbread house

Saturday night Yulefest dinner
Yule-fest

2. My tablet weaving, I'm quite happy with the way this latest one has turned out.

Just starting out on the ramshorn pattern.
Ramshorn pattern on the loom

3. Clara cuddles, they always make me happy.

Clara

4. Last night's dinner, a variation on this recipe. I added a diced capsicum, used an 800g tin of crushed tomatoes and baby spinach. It was yummy.

Garlic prawn risotto
Garlic prawn rissotto


5. The fact that when I typed the title for this post it came out as "Feel Goof Friday" :-)

Fancy a few more feel good offerings? Head on over to Liz's and check out some other FGF posts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved table weaving. I thinks it's something I'd really enjoy doing...if I had the equipment!

Clara is a cutie and the Risoto looks devine!

That gigantic table looks a lot like our Broyhill Attic heirlooms table. I love it!

Thanks for visiting U8MyCrayons! Happy GooF Friday ;)

Eternal Lizdom said...

I think we should totally have a Feel Goof Friday! There's been heavy stuff all around lately and sometimes we just need some goofiness to lighten it all up.

I so wish you were my neighbor because I would have to invite myself over for dinner for that risotto and for Clara snuggles.

I always enjoy watching the weavers and other fiber masters at our State Fair- which is coming up in a couple of weeks!!

Thanks for linking up for FGF, Mim!!

suze2000 said...

You know they only decorated that cake so quickly so they could eat it! :)

Libertine said...

I could not comment on FGF, as my week was rather stressfull, however there is one good thing about it. Summer holidays just started!!! No more school runs and worries for the next 6 weeks. YEES!

mimbles said...

@Leticia Tablet weaving doesn't take much equipment, just a length of timber with a dowel stuck in each end and some cardboard tablets and you're set!

@Liz There were left-overs, so we could totally have fed you :-) And Clara is very generous with snuggles, people of all kinds are her favourite thing EVER.

@suze There could be something to that theory...

@Libertine I hope this week is stress-free, enjoy the holidays! :-)