2 tbspn olive oil
500g garlic prawns (I got the De Costi ones)
2 onions, diced
2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine (nicked from the bottle my dad brought to have with the meal)
1 L chicken stock (made with salt reduced Massel cubes)
400g can diced tomatoes with oregano and basil
1 bunch English spinach, coarsely shredded
freshly ground black pepper
2 tspn lemon juice
- Heat the stock and wine in a saucepan and keep it at a low simmer.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil and cook the prawns until just changed in colour, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and butter to pan and cook until transparent. Stir in the rice until well coated.
- Add the stock 1/2 cup at a time stirring constantly over a medium heat, each time waiting until all the liquid is absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup. About half-way through add the tin of diced tomatoes and season with pepper. Once all the stock has been added taste test the rice, if it's still a little on the firm side add hot water in small amounts and continue stirring until the rice is cooked through.
- Add the spinach and, once the spinach has wilted, add the cooked prawns and lemon juice and stir until heated through.