Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I am in the very strange state of having nothing much on my to do list for today, all that needs to be done is a bit of tidying around the house, folding some laundry, buying some bread rolls and eggs...and taking myself off to the doctor :(

I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a bout of cystitis and there's no way I'm risking not getting some antibiotics for it now as we're heading into the Christmas break. So, feeling a little sorry for myself but AWFULLY thankful that everything else is done and I can sit on the lounge and fritter the day away.

Tonight, if the weather holds, we may head off to a Carols by Candlelight in a local park, or if that seems too much like hard work we'll break out a Christmas CD or two at home. Just before bed-time I'll light the candles in the lounge room and we'll have fruit mince pies and age appropriate drinkies for supper. I'll read the last bit of Dicken's A Christmas Carol to the kids along with a couple of other Christmas favourites, they'll put out a plate of supper for Santa and some carrots, apples and water for the reindeer and then be put to bed with the traditional threats of dire consequences should they be out of bed before...oh let's say 5:30am (I'm a realist, just so long as it's not 3:30am!).

I hope everyone is having a very wonderful solstice celebration of whatever flavour they prefer, I'm certainly enjoying my anachronism laden Yule appropriating winter solstice festival in summer! Whatever it's history and supposed "real" meaning, I love Christmas :)

May it be marvelously merry for you all.

3 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

Have a wonderful Christmas

Ariane said...

I hope the Christmas spirit or the antibiotics do the trick.

Buckets of Ho Ho Ho's.

Kathiej said...

Happy Christmas Mim I hope you are feeling better and enjoyed the day
Hugs Kathie