1. Heard a kookaburra in person (and, like lauredhel, have also had them steal food from the bbq, and have hand fed them.)
2. Slept under the stars
3. Seen a koala.
4. Visited Melbourne
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm (best one was when we were camping by the beach and the storm was up the coast, down the coast and out to sea but not actually where we were. Spectacular! )
6. Worn a pair of thongs
7. Been to Uluru (Ayer's Rock).
8. Visited Cape York
9. Held a snake (not yet)
10. Sang along with Khe Sanh (try and stop me!)
11. Drank VB (but not twice! I was young and didn't know better)
12. Visited Sydney (can you call it visiting when you live there?)
13. Have seen a shark (found a bunch of shark eggs on the beach with embryos still inside and alive after a big storm once)
14. Have used Aussie slang naturally in a conversation
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach (Butcher's paper is better)
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson's.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus (train, Sydney to Melbourne)
21. Been to Sydney's Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing
23. Taken a sickie
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football
25. Have seen wild camels
26. Gone skinny dipping. (I don't think it counts if you were only a little kid though)
27. Had a Tim Tam Slam
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Held a wombat
32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person
34. Had a really bad sunburn
35. Visited an aboriginal community
36. Seen a redback spider
37. Have watched Paul Hogan
38. Seen Blue Poles in person
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback
40. Eaten Vegemite
41. Thrown a boomerang (badly)
42. Seen the Kimberlies
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift
44. Been to Perth
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo
47. Seen dinosaur footprints (I'll echo lauredhel here too: In the USA, though. Does that count?)
48. Eaten Tim Tams
49. Been to Darwin
50. Touched a kangaroo
51. Visted the Great Barrier Reef
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson
53. Killed a Cane Toad
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre
55. Have read and own books by Australian authors
56. Visited Adelaide
57. Know the story behind "Eternity"
58. Been camping
59. Visited Brisbane
60. Been in an outback pub
61. Know what the term "Waltzing Matilda" actually means
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Listened to Slim Dusty
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series
65. Sang along to Down Under
66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road.
67. Eaten a 4'n'20 pie
68. Surfed at Bondi (why would you when there are so many other, much nicer beaches in/near Sydney?)
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day
70. Visited Hobart
71. Eaten kangaroo
72. Seen a quokka
73. Visited Canberra
74. Visited rainforests
75. Used a Victa lawnmower
76. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide
There's no 77. Why is there no 77?
78. Used a Hills hoist
79. Visited the Olgas
80. Used native Australian plants in cooking
81. Visited the snow
82. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford (couldn't care less :P)
83. Visited the desert
84. Been water skiing
85. Read The Phantom
86. Visited Parliament House
87. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting
88. Crossed the Nullarbor
89. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles (and jellyfish.)
90. Listened to AC/DC.
91. Called someone a dag
92. Voted in a Federal Election
93. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags
94. Had a possum in your roof
95. Visited the outback
96. Travelled over corrugated roads.
97. Hit a kangaroo while driving
98. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage
99. Seen an emu.
100. Have woken to the smell of bushfires .
Hmmm, 69% apparently.
Happy Fourth of July
10 hours ago