Monday, December 15, 2008

If you tag me, I will write

Apparently I feel compelled to respond when tagged.

A. People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blog and replace any question that they dislike with a new, original question.
B. Tag eight people. Don't refuse to do that. Don't tag who tagged you.

01. What are your nicknames?
Mim, mimbles, Mims, sex kitten (sorry, way TMI, and besides, I HATE him saying that)

02. How do you style your hair?
Hair is supposed to have style?

03. What's your favorite or least favorite Christmas song?
Well, I've developed a violent aversion to the Chipmunks Christmas Don't Be Late since my kids took to singing it in chorus over and over and over and over....

04. How many colours are you wearing now?
I don't know, I'm wearing a floral print shirt with multiple shades of blues, greens, yellows and white. And dark blue pin-striped 3/4 pants.

05. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I'm slightly more introverted than extroverted, it takes quite an effort for me to do stuff that puts me in the spotlight.

06. What was the last book you read?
M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman. I bought it for David but he of course won't have anything to do with it because I suggested it. I'd read some of the stories before in Smoke and Mirrors but the rest were new to me.

07. What's one piece of fiction that changed your life?
It's trite but true, Firefly brought me into the on-line world of fandom and forums and from there I found my way to the blogosphere. There's a huge part of my life now that is totally all Joss Whedon's fault.

08. If the person you secretly like is already taken, what would you do? What pets, if any, do you have and what are their names? Two cats - Samantha Tinúviel and Jack Sparrow, one dog - Clara, and one fish - nameless.


09. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Unhappiness seems to me an all pervading type of emotion. I'm not unhappy about anything really. I get frustrated by some things and I get distressed or sad about things sometimes but those things are transitory.

10. What's your favorite dessert?
Tiramisu.

11. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
30 minutes from getting up to being ready to walk out the door. Getting the kids ready on the other hand....

12. What websites do you visit daily?
SOz, Hoyden About Town, Shapely Prose, Twitter, Facebook, Livejournal, Woulda Coulda Shoulda, Mom to the Screaming Masses, Two Women Blogging, A Room of Mama's Own, Whatever, Eternal Lizdom.

13. What classes are you taking right now? And if you're not in school any more, what's your job?
I'm a mum 24/7, and I'm also an admin assistant at a magazine publishing company 2 days a week and I work at a bookshop/gift shop 2 days a week.

14. Do you like to clean?
HA! No.

15. What was the last song to get stuck in your head?
Castle on a Cloud from Les Mis

16. What's the last movie you saw?
The World's Fastest Indian on DVD, Wall*E at the movies.

17. Pirates or Ninjas?
Pirates.

What? I'm supposed to justify my choice you say? Tough :P

18. What is your least favorite thing to do that you have to do everyday?
Getting out of bed. And going to bed. Sleeping seems like such a waste of time.

19. Best time of your life?
Now.

20. What are you most looking forward to in the coming month?
School holidays. And the leg of ham - yum!

Interestingly, despite my helplessness in the face of being tagged, my disdain for authority still manages to resist the exhortation to tag others. Once again, if you want it, it's all yours.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

"Samantha Tinúviel"

?!!!

Luthien?

mimbles said...

heheh Yep, Luthien :) Previous cats have been named Jonathon Aragorn and James Fëanor. It's all T.S. Elliot's fault.

Dina Roberts said...

Now Castle on a Cloud will probably be on my mind!!!

Anonymous said...

Jack Sparrow is a great name for a dog! Very cute.

I enjoyed your meme . . . here via Sunday Stealing.