Sunday, August 30, 2009

Here, have some crafty type stuff

Adam made me an arm guard for archery, since he made it I've only hit myself with the string once, no more huge dramatic bruises for me!

Arm guard for archery

I've been doing some more tablet weaving, I'm still experimenting with patterns and I'm kind of wishing that the 5.8m batch was a bit more interesting.

This took 2 weeks of picking it up when I was watching TV in the evenings.

Tablet weaving finished!

Two different patterns, the bottom one I've finished, the top one I've just started.

Two patterns

And I finally got around to making some more jewellery on Friday:

Botswana agate necklace

Botswana agate necklace

Sodalite bracelet

Sodalite bracelet

13 comments:

Ariane said...

Ooohhh pretty. And practical, as it happens.

I'd be more eloquent but 3 kids at a picnic all today has left me....vacant.

Chally said...

How lovely! (I was going to say Ooh pretty, but then Ariane said it. Freaking me out there Ariane.) I actually have a bracelet a lot like the one at the bottom.

Libertine said...

I really like the arm guard. My hubby and me have recently rejoined a fantasy LARP and I am considering to venture costume making. Maybe I'll start a new blog about it... :-) I'm having 150 ideas per min at the moment. Sorry, had to voice at leats one of them lol.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I adore that necklace. Absolutely adore it!

Marjorie said...

You're so talented.

I went into the bead store the other day, and was completely overwhelmed and left with nary a bead.

Candy said...

Very pretty! I especially like the bracelet.

Archery! Mim, you're a woman of many talents.

Penny said...

awesome - these are great :)

Anonymous said...

I love it all Mim, particularly the bracelet.

yodaobi said...

YAY crafty stuff.
The only thing I'm making at the moment besides some addictive cookies are spring vegie seedlings to go in Grandad's garden.

Megan said...

I tagged you for a recipe meme - totally up to you of course!

Dina Roberts said...

I LOVE the necklace.

Anonymous said...

God = Backwards dog
Backwards dog = Opposite of dog
Opposite of dog = Cat
God = Cat

God is a cat.

mimbles said...

I think you'll find it's more that all cats believe they are gods. I blame the Egyptians myself.