Sunday, February 26, 2006

Arrrgh, the garage has flooded!

Take one steep driveway, add a blocked drain and a thundery downpour. What do you get? A river running through your garage, that's what. Bugger, bugger, bugger. Looks like we'll have to unpack half the camping equipment and put it out to dry and no doubt there's other stuff a bit worse for wear as well. Plus half the carpet in hubby's study is soaked - not quite sure what to do about that one. Ah well, such is life....

Didn't manage to get any walking done this weekend but we did go to the pool this afternoon and for the first time in many moons I swam actual 50m laps - 10 of them. It was a bit of a shock to the system! I took nearly 45 minutes to do it on account of having to stop and catch my breath fairly often. Once upon a time I was able to swim a leisurely 20 laps in just under 30 minutes, I wonder how long it will take me to get back to that point.

No comments: