Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How to put your own needs first

Congratulations are in order - to me :-) Tonight I did not take on the job of P&C President! It was a close call though, everyone sat staring at the floor while the outgoing president and the school principal explained at length that if there was no P&C president there could be no P&C and therefore no canteen, uniform pool, concert band etc, etc.

Not that long ago I would have blithely said "Sure, I can do that!", but not tonight! After sitting through the discussion at my WW meeting this morning on the importance of putting your own needs first at least some of the time I was well fortified - at one point I even said that I had promised myself to look after myself this year and that being president would be waaay too much to take on. I know I need to devote as much physical and emotional energy as possible to my health gain journey (I like that phrase better than weight loss) and I am not going to let anything get in the way!

Luckily someone else caved in under the pressure :P I'm still Uniform Pool treasurer though, and I did take on P&C Second Vice-President but all that should do is add a couple more meetings to my schedule each term.

No comments: