Sunday, November 18, 2007

Party hard, pay the next day

Oh my poor aching feet and knees! HA! You thought this was going to be about a hangover didn't you? Well, sorry to disappoint :P Although there was cider and sparkling shiraz involved last night the vast majority of liquid passing my lips was water. I think I drank something close to 3L in 4.5 hours. I needed it I tell you! Let me explain....

The P&C social: take one school hall, 9 big folding tables, 64 blue plastic chairs, approximately 18m of paper table cloth (the finding of which was an epic in itself requiring multiple phone calls and the dispatching of a child on a bike to fetch the P&C storeroom keys - see, it wasn't to be found in the canteen at all, not even on the third thorough search), 12 bunches of helium balloons, someone's brother who happens to own DJ kit and is kind enough to come and play music for us for free, parents from the school who are ballroom dancers of the trophy winning and teaching others kind and, most importantly, a whole bunch of parents kid-free for the night. Add BYO foodage and alcohol. Mix judiciously and PARTY!!!!!!!

Heheh.

We had fun. Well, I know I had fun, I presume all the other people dancing and drinking and eating and talking and singing had fun too, at any rate they looked like they were having fun :)

Out of the 4.5 hours we spent at the social I think I spent approximately 3.5 hours dancing and I'm not talking standing on the spot tapping the feet, oh no, I'm talking really getting into it and not caring what anyone else thought dancing. I presume I spent the larger part of the night with a bright red face and I know I was sweating so much I looked like I'd been in the rain, which - icky much, but hey, I was having FUN and that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

One teeny little regret, why, oh why did I decide wearing high heels would be a good idea? And why, oh why did I not remove said heels EARLY in the night instead of waiting till the last half-hour? When I got up this morning I could barely walk, getting up the stairs was a challenge and I have sore muscles from neck to toe. Painful, but worth it all the same.

Today we went to my grandmother's place for her birthday lunch, she turns 97 on Tuesday. The kids were behaved beautifully and I think she really enjoyed seeing everyone. I've been hesitant in the past to try and see her in her little unit with all the kids in tow, but with 2 Nintendo DS units, some books to read and the beading supplies as distractions all was well.

This evening we had the pleasure of the company of Carol and Liz and their 3 girls who used to be our neighbours when we lived in Marsfield. We hadn't seen them for 2 years so there was lots of catching up to do. Good food, good friends, good time :) Wish we could have chatted for longer but being a school night and having kids to get to bed they left soon after 8:30pm. Won't be leaving it for 2 years next time!

Sometimes life is good.

No comments: