Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea
Hosted by Mrs4444.


Time for a Friday Fragments brain dump. Lots of little bits of dubious value thrown together to masquerade as a post. When you've read mine you might like to head on over to Half-Past Kissin' Time and see what other all the other fabulous Friday Fragmenters have on offer.

The kids have been on holidays this week so I've been sleeping in and spending way too much time lazing around at home pretending I'm on holidays too. Despite that there are a few things I have achieved this week:

*****

I cooked a birthday dinner for my now 13 year old. Tacos and chicken fajitas, it was good. But I didn't cook the cake.

Happy birthday David!

Lighting his own candles

*****

I watched lots of Buffy with Caitlin, we've finished season 6 now. What? That's an achievement isn't it?

*****

I finished another length of tablet weaving, it was by far the slowest to weave of all the ones I've done up till now.

Un-flame-like Dragon's Breath - 1.5m

*****

I finally got around to putting my tablet weaving, necklaces, earrings and bracelets up for sale on-line - right here on my blog. I have intentions of working out how to add paypal purchasing buttons for each item, but that may take some time.

*****

I threw caution to the wind and added grated carrot and zucchini to my bolognese sauce. No one noticed and it was eaten quite happily. But I didn't like it. However, I strongly suspect I'd not have noticed either had I not known I put the veggies in there.

****

I watched the first two episodes of the new season of Dr Who. And it was good. And I don't hate the new Doctor at all. Looking forward to more!

****


Ummmm. Yep, that's about it!

14 comments:

May said...

Hi Mimbles,
Thanks for stopping by!!! I cannot believe the jewelry you posted is made by you!!! I admire your creativity and work!!!!!

brainella said...

Your table weaving is gorgeous! And now I see a couple pairs of earrings that might look really nice one me... :)

I'm not a Dr. Who fan. My brother inflicted it on us as children and I've never recovered.

Megan said...

Your jewelry is gorgeous!!

Happy Birthday to your son!!

Have a great weekend!

Matty said...

Happy Birthday to the new teenager. God bless you the next few years. LOL

You have quite the talent with jewelry. Very nice selections.

My wife does the same thing now and then, and sneaks things into our food.

Amy said...

The weaving is gorgeous! I'm impressed that you make your own bolognese sauce. Around here, we unscrew a lid and dump it in a pot.

Adrienne said...

I love those bracelets...Cute ..Thanks for stopping by my blog I look forward to reading more of your posts

Chally said...

Happy birthday, David! And nice weaving!

Kazzy said...

Sounds like a productive and fun holiday to me! The weaving is sooo cool.

mimbles said...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone :-)

@brainella We're making the kids watch it, they protest but they don't leave the room, I think the indoctrination is slowly taking hold!

@Amy I've been known to do the opening containers version of bolognese sauce too, probably more often than I make it from scratch, truth be told.

cat said...

I put a tin of Mediteranian ratoutuille in y Bolognaise sauce - extra veggies and great taste.

Hi from Ruth! said...

OK, so I haven't ever watched Buffy, but I have finished five of the Sookie Stackhouse books that you recommended a few months back. And I'm really enjoying them! I just picked up the remaining books from the library so I plan to have a Sookie marathon over the next week or two!

Good for you for adding the veggies to the sauce - I once added a whole head of steamed cauliflower to my sauce. It tasted fine, though it was somewhat more 'granular' in texture! No one else seemed even to notice, though.

Take care.

Ruth

mimbles said...

@Ruth I got bogged down half-way through the 3rd Sookie Stackhouse book, they're not really doing it for me. I gave up and picked up Neil Gaiman's American Gods instead. I've just finished that and am about to give The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo a go.

Hi from Ruth! said...

Just thought I'd add that I just finished reading the 9th Sookie Stackhouse book. I did enjoy them, though I got bogged down a few times, too. Some books were definitely better than others and I'm hoping that book #10 (which comes out next month) is the final one, cause I don't want to have to read even more of them...but would like to see the storyline end!

I LOVED The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, and the subsequent two in the series - they were an awesome read!!!! ENjoy.

mimbles said...

I ended up finishing book 3 and am on to book 4 so I haven't started on the Larsson yet, I'll get there eventually!