MPJ tagged me for this over on Facebook but because I'm bloody minded and stuck in my ways I'm doing it here rather than there (it shows up there anyway 'cause I have my blog feed updating Facebook).
One for the mums - all about your first born.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes, well, in the sense that we stopped trying to avoid one - it happened a bit quicker than I'd anticipated though.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yep, for 4 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I'd started to get a bit worried when my period kept going, by the time I'd been bleeding (very lightly but nevertheless...) for 2.5 weeks instead of my usual 8-10 days I was thinking I might go to the doctors. Then we went horse riding (as we did every second Saturday) and while I was trotting around the dressage field I began to feel nauseous. On the way home in the car I said to my friend "Either there's something wrong or I'm pregnant...or both." I went to the doctor, did a pregnancy test and was promptly sent off for an ultrasound to check it wasn't ectopic. It all looked fine and I was 7 weeks along. The bleeding (mostly just light spotting) continued till about 12 weeks, it was all rather stressful.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Adam, then Mum, then pretty much anyone I spoke to. I'm not much for keeping secrets and anyway all the friends we went riding with were waiting to hear if everything was ok.
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
8. DUE DATE?
April 1st 1997
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
OMG yes. Morning, noon and night, by the end, before he was born, I weighed 3kg less than before I fell pregnant.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
I don't remember craving anything. Except, you know, food that would stay down.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I don't remember being irritated by people during my pregnancy (I'm sure Adam will disagree :P), the morning sickness sucked though.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Once he was born I was 10kg down.
5. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
I don't think so...god I have a terrible memory. I know I hate baby showers, I certainly hope I didn't inflict one on people...no, I'm sure we just got deluged with gifts when he was born.
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE SHOWER?
What, the one I'm only 99% sure I didn't have?
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No, all pretty straight forward.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
I was induced and I was already 3 cm dilated before going in (had been for 3 days but without feeling a single contraction), 5 hours after the drip went in, out he popped.
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Adam and a room full of midwives, student midwives, a student nurse and a doctor - who's only contribution was to walk in at the last minute to check how I was going and say "it's coming, get your gloves on!" to the midwife - I was a bit quicker than they were expecting :). Which bothered me not at all, it was kind of fun. Does that sound odd? I liked having lots of people around.
22. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yep, gas and one shot of pethidine.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
April 11th 1997.
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
The Make-Up Thread
45 minutes ago