Sunday, February 15, 2009

I thought we didn't do Valentine's Day

But apparently Adam does.

Roses

He went out to take his mum to a doctor's appointment at 7:45am and found himself outside the florist that he used to buy flowers at for me back when we were first going out. When he brought them home I was downstairs, Tom let Adam in the front door, said "I'll take those to mum", grabbed the roses and presented them to me as I dragged myself half-awake up the stairs. It was all very romantic :)

Then we spent the next 5 hours frantically cleaning the house up because we were having a whole bunch of people over for a BBQ. Which was lovely. And now I am going to bed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

most excellent- my daughter is a florist, so no shortage of fresh flowers- Husband bought me a new broom....
so romantic

Boozy Tooth said...

Beautiful! So glad your sweetie remembered you in an appropriate girly way. Enjoy the roses, Mim. I'm getting Grouper for dinner. Saved up a bunch of Weight Watchers points and am going to delight in it. I might even have a glass of champagne! Life is sweet. Happy Valentine's Day!

Nap Mom said...

That is wonderful. He was up and out of the house bright and early and still thinking of you. Those husbands really can surprise you every once in awhile. Happy Valentine's Day!

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

My honey took me to a benefit show for the Special Olympics and it was a FANTASTIC way to spend valentine's day. Magic, music, comedy, and juggling and every cent went to some pretty amazing people.

We don't usually do anything big for Valentine's Day, but this year's was perfect.

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Mim, and your sweet family.

Penny said...

awww that's sweet :)