Sunday, November 21, 2010

Finally! I made something!

My lounge room has been taken over by boxes of bead trays and I'm not feeling much inclined to put them away again any time soon so I might even make more stuff in the next few days. I'm rather excited by this, it's been months since I made any jewellery!

I only have one finished necklace from today to show you, plus a couple of pieces of tablet weaving I did ages ago that have been waiting to have their pictures taken. They'll all go in to the shop shortly.

Moss agate, brown zebra stone and sterling silver necklace.

Moss agate, brown zebra stone and sterling silver necklace

Kivrim tablet weave.

Kivrim tablet weave

The zig-zaggy pattern I don't have a name for.

Tablet weaving

Now, make more jewellery or feed the children?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the Kivrim tablet weave. But you know that is a weakness of mine.

Leslie said...

make jewelry. lol. the necklace is gorgeous!

Dina Roberts said...

Beautiful! I love the necklace!!

Ariane said...

I still don't understand tablet weaving, but it looks awesome! :)

Sleepydumpling said...

Pretties! What do you do with the tablet weaving? I think it would make awesome belts.

mimbles said...

It's for decorative trim on reenactment clothing mostly, and yes, for belts. You can also use it for guitar straps, dog leads, bag straps etc